Most media enterprises have multi-vendor solutions throughout their facilities.
They also have the need to easily share, transfer, and transform media and metadata
between these platforms. With a wide variety of codecs, file wrappers, and metadata
standards, this can be a complex and labor intensive task. Glooport simplifies
inter-platform connectivity by automating these processes.
Glooport is a family of services offering parking, media retrieval, transcoding
and outgest. It is a service-oriented, redundant, hot failover, and load-balanced
platform. All glooport products have tight API integration with Avid Interplay | Production,
Interplay | MAM and MediaCental | UX.
media|producer: NEW! Fully distributed, virtualizable, load-balanced, cloud-ready, multi-user, media & metadata
INGEST platform for post production environments.
Three modes of operation: Client to cluster mode, individual mode, field ingest mode. Capable of 8 simultaneous jobs.
media|parker: Easily move media, sequences, and projects to third party storage via Interplay, MediaCentral or via Media
Composer in non-Interplay environments. It can restore what it parks. Metadata is preserved in Interplay.
Proxies can be created and stored in Interplay while the hi-res media is being parked.
media|retriever: Retrieval of full or partial clips and/or tracks with transcoding from nearline storage. Sequences
created using proxies can be submitted to Interplay for retrieval. media|retriever intelligently analyzes what hi-res
media is required and only retrieves segments of clips used in the sequence. Can Transcode while retrieving.
media|transformer: Transcodes media within or between Interplay systems or from third parties storage to Interplay.
Can automatically detect new media, transcode and check it into Interplay. Capable of 8 simultaneous jobs.
media|connector: Transfers media and metadata to third party systems. Outgest funtionality with file flattening and
stitching. Transforms media and translates metadata.
Media is ingested directly to nearline storage via GLOOBOX or media|producer or parked via media|parker to
the nearline storage system.
• Low resolution files are ingested via GLOOBOX or created via media|parker. Proxies are kept in the online
shared storage system.
• Material is edited using low resolution media found in the online storage system.
• Finished low resolution sequences are deposited in a watch folder within the production asset management system.
• media|retriever restores high resolution clips from nearline to online storage. If native/non-transcoded media
is present on the nearline, media|transformer can transcode the media on the fly as the restore is taking place.
• media|retriever can restore sequences, full or partial clips, or selected tracks from the nearline.
• High resolution media is re-linked to the low resolution content for finishing with the editing application.
• Finished sequences can be sent to third party systems via media|connect
glooport minimum hardware requirements:
• Dual Eight Core with Hyper Threading
• 32GB of RAM
• 1 Gbps or 10Gbps NIC
• Windows 7 or 10 (64 bit)